The University of Washington Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine is committed to a culture of openness, civility and respect, employing and training a diverse workforce (staff, residents and faculty), and providing quality and equitable healthcare to all persons in need of our expertise. Diversity and inclusion are important moral values. Encoding these principles in our “departmental DNA” will result in a more collegial, productive and creative work environment, which leads to more effective teaching, research and innovative care. Within our Department, all persons will find compassionate and high-quality care for any orthopaedic condition.
- Professor and Chair - Howard A. Chansky, M.D.
- Vice Chair for University of Washington Medical Center - Albert O. Gee, M.D.
- Vice Chair for Harborview Medical Center - Carlo Bellabarba, M.D.
- Vice Chair for Research - Ted S. Gross, Ph.D.
- Vice Chair of Division of Pediatric Orthopaedics, SCH - Susan M. Yandow, M.D.
- Chief of Orthopaedics, VA Hospital - Nickolas Iannuzzi, M.D.
- Residency Program Director - Douglas P. Hanel, M.D.
- Associate Residency Program Director - Lisa A. Taitsman, M.D.
- Department Administrative Team