Welcome to the University of Washington, Department of Orthopaedics!
-Here you will find all of the paperwork you need to fill out and return to finish off your employment process.
Direct Deposit Paperwork
Privacy, Confidentiality, and Information Security Agreement
Department Personal Information Form
On-boarding checklist for newly hired Classified and Professional Staff
Pre – appointment
- Thoroughly review appointment letter. Make sure you’re aware of: terms and conditions of employment, job duties/expectations, performance appraisals, work schedules, break over-time, time and leave reporting, paydays, types of leave and accrual rates, how to request time off, etc.
- Sign appointment letter if you concur
- Complete payroll paperwork and submit to your supervisor
Post – appointment (after you receive confirmation from your manager and/or the payroll coordinator that your appointment has been entered into the system)
- Set-up NETID: https://uwnetid.washington.edu/newid/
- Email your NETID to your manager as well as to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete New Employee Orientation (Seattle Campus, Classified/Professional Staff): http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/roles/newee/orient/areas/seattle/staff.html
- Complete on-line or in-person benefits orientation: http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/roles/newee/benorient/index.html
- Register for the Prevention of Sexual Harassment Training: http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/roles/newee/orient/sexharassprevent-trng.html
- New employees must complete an Affirmative Action Data form: http://www.washington.edu/provost/ap/eoaa/aadf.html
- Obtain your Husky Card. Location and hours: http://www.hfs.washington.edu/huskycard/default.aspx?id=630
- Obtain a UPASS (optional): http://www.washington.edu/facilities/transportation/commuterservices/u-pass/employee
- Complete the General Asbestos Awareness Training: http://www.ehs.washington.edu/ohsasbestos/index.shtm
- Obtain UWMC and/or HMC ID badge and access card (staff based at UW, contact Fred Westerberg (email@example.com) for more information; HMC staff please contact your supervisor)
- Keys (UW based staff, contact Fred Westerberg (firstname.lastname@example.org); HMC staff please contact your supervisor)
- Complete HIPPA training (UW based staff, contact email@example.com for training log-in information)
Appointment and site specific checklist (other)
- If you work in a research environment, you may be required to take additional training. Please speak to your supervisor.
- Discuss emergency procedures with your site’s coordinator
- Set up online FedEx access. Contact Kathy Nguyen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- UW Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine homepage: www.orthop.washington.edu
- Administrative contacts: http://www.orthop.washington.edu/?q=about/department-administration.html
- Human Resource information for UW Employees: http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/roles/ee/index.html