The University of Washington Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine hosted fellows from the Japanese Orthopedic Association (JOA) for our July Grand Rounds as part of the AOA Japanese Traveling Fellowship program. Seattle and the University of Washington is the last stop for the Japanese fellows on their multi-city tour of US academic centers.
The program is an exchange program between JOA and AOA fellows with American fellows traveling to Japan during even years and Japanese fellows traveling to the United States in odd years.
Visiting presenters at July's Grand Rounds included:
- Dr. Taku Hatta - Biomechanical Studies of Treatment for Rotator Cuff Tear
- Dr. Gen Inoue - Application of the Allograft Bone for Spinal Surgery - Differences Between the US and Japan
- Dr. Takashi Kaito - Biological enhancement of spinal fusion
- Dr. Tomoyuki Matsumoto - Kinematically Aligned Total Knee Arthroplasty – Japanese Experience
- Dr. Shinji Miwa - Risk Factors for Postoperative Deep Infection in Bone Tumors
- Dr. Hiroaki Nakashima - Lateral Access Surgery
Watch the July Grand Rounds presentations on our youtube channel: Husky Orthopaedics.
July 2019 Grand Rounds Images