Welcome to the University of Washington, Department of Orthopaedics!
-Here you will find all of the paperwork you need to fill out and return to finish off your employment process.
On-boarding checklist for newly hired Classified and Professional Staff
Pre – appointment
- Thoroughly review appointment letter. Make sure you’re aware of: terms and conditions of employment, job duties/expectations, performance appraisals, work schedules, break over-time, time and leave reporting, paydays, types of leave and accrual rates, how to request time off, etc.
- Sign appointment letter if you concur
- Complete payroll paperwork and submit to your supervisor
Post – appointment (after you receive confirmation from your manager and/or the payroll coordinator that your appointment has been entered into the system)
- Set-up NETID: https://uwnetid.washington.edu/newid/
- Email your NETID to your manager as well as to email@example.com
- Complete New Employee Orientation (Seattle Campus, Classified/Professional Staff): http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/roles/newee/orient/areas/seattle/staff.html
- Complete on-line or in-person benefits orientation: http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/roles/newee/benorient/index.html
- Register for the Prevention of Sexual Harassment Training: http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/roles/newee/orient/sexharassprevent-trng.html
- New employees must complete an Affirmative Action Data form: http://www.washington.edu/provost/ap/eoaa/aadf.html
- Obtain your Husky Card. Location and hours: http://www.hfs.washington.edu/huskycard/default.aspx?id=630
- Obtain a UPASS (optional): http://www.washington.edu/facilities/transportation/commuterservices/u-pass/employee
- Complete the General Asbestos Awareness Training: http://www.ehs.washington.edu/ohsasbestos/index.shtm
- Obtain UWMC and/or HMC ID badge and access card (staff based at UW, contact Fred Westerberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information; HMC staff please contact your supervisor)
- Keys (UW based staff, contact Fred Westerberg (email@example.com); HMC staff please contact your supervisor)
- Complete HIPPA training (UW based staff, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for training log-in information)
Appointment and site specific checklist (other)
- If you work in a research environment, you may be required to take additional training. Please speak to your supervisor.
- Discuss emergency procedures with your site’s coordinator
- Set up online FedEx access. Contact Kathy Nguyen (email@example.com)
- UW Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine homepage: www.orthop.washington.edu
- Administrative contacts: http://www.orthop.washington.edu/?q=about/department-administration.html
- Human Resource information for UW Employees: http://www.washington.edu/admin/hr/roles/ee/index.html