Jump to navigation
Question: 10 surgery questions for your surgeon before having surgery
- What is my diagnosis?
- What is the name of the surgery you propose?
- Are you fellowship trained to perform this operation and what has been your personal experience with it in folks like me?
- What complications have you and others experienced with this procedure?
- What are the usual results of this operation in your hands?
- What are the alternatives to surgery?
- What is the likelihood that I will have lingering pain, limitations or disability after recovery, and how severe might those symptoms be if they are present?
- What special care, rehabilitation will I require for the period after surgery?
- How long is it likely to be before I can return home, return to work, return to my recreational activities?
- Do you consider me a good candidate for this surgery in your hands?